Tamil Nadu Dowry Prohibition Rules, 2004
8. Recognition of Welfare Institutions-
(i) A Welfare Institution or Organization primarily devoted to any of the following kinds of work and has rendered remarkable service in the field for a period of not less than three years will be eligible for seeking recognition under sub -clause (ii) of clause (b) of sub -section (1) of section 7 of the Act.
(a) Social Welfare including care, protection and training of women;
(b) Organisation of women of a State wide or All India character, Prominent Mahila Samajs or Women Organisations:
(c) Social Defence including care and protection of Destitute, Rescue women and children;
(d) Any organization of lawyers interested in eradicating social evils;
(2) Any welfare institution or organization eligible under sub -rule (1) and desiring recognition shall make application to the Government in Form -IV annexed to these rules together with a copy of each of the Rules, By Articles of Association, lists of its members and office bearers and a report regarding its activities and past record of service or Community Service;
(3) The Government may after making such enquiry by a senior officer of the concerned Department and considering the report as to the nature and past record of service of the organisation or institution which has present the application in this regard grant recognition for a period of five years which can be renewed after submitting a renewal application;
(4) An application for renewal or recognition shall be submitted in Form -V annexed to these rules in the manner prescribed in sub -rule (2) of rule 9 which shall be processed as per the procedure laid down in sub -rule (3) and recognition shall be granted or renewed in cases where the working of the institution or organi sation is reported to be fairly satisfactory.
(5) The Government may withdraw the recognition granted to an institution or organisation, if the working of the institution or organisation is found or reported to be unsatisfactory by the Dowry Prohibition Officer or otherwise.