Tamil Nadu Commission for Protection of Child Rights Rules, 2012
7. Procedure for transaction of business of Commission.-
(1) The Head quarter of the State Commission shall be in Chennai. The Commission shall meet regularly at its office in Chennai at such time as the Chairperson thinks fit, but three months shall not intervene between its last meeting and the next meeting.
(2) The Commission shall ordinarily hold its meetings in its office located in Chennai but may, in its discretion, hold its meetings at any other place in Tamil Nadu if it considers it necessary or expedient to do so.
(3) The Secretary, along with such officers as the Chairperson may direct, shall attend the meetings of the Commission.
(4) (i) The Secretary shall, in consultation with the Chairperson, prepare the agenda for each meeting of the Commission and such notes shall as for as possible be self-contained;
(ii) The records covering the agenda items shall be made readily available to the Commission for its reference;
(iii) The agenda papers shall ordinarily be circulated to members atleast two clear working days in advance of the meeting, except in cases when urgent attention is required.
(5) Four members including the Chairperson shall form the quorum at every meeting of the Commission.
(6) All decisions of the Commission at its meetings shall be taken by majority:
Provided that in the case of equality of votes, the Chairperson, or in his absence the person presiding shall have and exercise a second or a casting vote.
(7) The Chairperson shall preside the meeting of the Commission. If, for any reason, the Chairperson is unable to attend the meeting any member chosen by the members present from amongst themselves at the meeting, shall preside.