Odisha Police Motor Transport and Odisha State Armed Police(Special Security) Battalion Service (Method of Recruitment and Conditions of Service of Drivers) Rules, 2014
9. Advertisement of vacancies for recruitment:-
(1) The vacancies for recruitment to the post of Driver shall be calculated taking into account the existing vacancies and the anticipated vacancies of a year which shall be limited to the number of Driver retiring within the calendar year in which the advertisement is issued.
(2) The State Police Headquarters shall collect the number of vacancies for recruitment and their category wise break-up from Superintendent of Police, Police Motor Transport, Cuttack and Superintendent of Police-cum-ex officio Commandants of Odisha State Armed Police (Special Security) and communicate the same to the Selection Board constituted under Rule 7 of these rules.
(3) Vacancies shall be advertised by the Superintendent of Police, Police Motor Transport, Odisha, Cuttack through State Police Headquarters by publication of the same in two Odia daily newspapers having wide circulation.
(4) Application Forms shall be purchased on payment of the prescribed amount from the notified places as advertised.
(5) The candidates shall be required to pay examination fee at the time of submission of Application Form. The amount of examination fee payable by the candidates and the mode of payment shall be decided by the Selection Board:
Provided that no examination fees shall be payable by the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe.
(6) The candidates shall be cancelled, if, in the opinion of the Selection Board the candidates is not found eligible for consideration according to the eligibility criteria prescribed in these rules.
(7) No application, except in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes shall be considered unless it is accompanied by proof of payment of examination fees as prescribed.
(8) The self-attested photocopies of the testimonials or certificates submitted by the candidates shall be deemed to be the conclusive proof of the fact of submission of such testimonials or certificates by such candidates for the recruitment
(9 )The application of Home Guards and Group 'D' employees of Police establishment shall be forwarded by the respective Heads of Office and while forwarding the applications of the Home Guards, the Heads of Office shall certify that the Home Guards have completed three years of enrolment without any interruption and have undergone Basic Course of training for Home Guards and in case of Group 'D' employees of Police establishment, the Heads of Office shall certify that the Group 'D' employees have completed 5 years of service without any interruption and have good service records.