Odisha Police Motor Transport and Odisha State Armed Police(Special Security) Battalion Service (Method of Recruitment and Conditions of Service of Drivers) Rules, 2014
(1) All the original certificates, like those of High School Certificates or equivalent Caste / Class, Sports Achievements, Home Guard, Driving License, Ex-Servicemen and employment certificate in respect of Group-D employees in respect of the candidates placed in the select list, shall be re-verified by the appointing authorities before the appointment orders are issued to individual candidates.
(2) Character and antecedents of selected candidates shall be duly verified.
(3) Appointment pending verification of character and antecedents, if made, shall be subject to satisfactory verification of character and antecedents.
(4) The appointment letters shall be pasted with the photographs of the candidates concerned. The seal and signature of the appointing authority shall be given across the photograph which shall be pasted in the Service Book.
(5) Terms and conditions of service and duties and responsibilities of the Drivers shall be the same as assigned to them in the Police Act, the rules/ orders framed under this Act and in the instructions of the Government issued from time to time.
(6) They shall undergo Maintenance Course of Training in order of seniority.