Odisha Police Motor Transport and Odisha State Armed Police(Special Security) Battalion Service (Method of Recruitment and Conditions of Service of Drivers) Rules, 2014
15. Select List-
(1) On completion of the recruitment test, the Selection Board shall draw up a select list of the successful candidates in order of merit, category wise as per the advertisement.
(2) The select list shall be prepared in decreasing order of aggregate marks in accordance with the vacancies advertised.
(3) The select list shall be prepared in the format as decided by the Selection Board.
(4) Candidates securing higher aggregate marks shall be placed higher in the select list.
(5) If the aggregate marks obtained by two or more candidates are equal, the person older in age shall be placed above the other in the select list.
(6) If the date of birth is also the same, the candidate securing higher marks in Physical Efficiency Test, shall be placed above the other in the select list.
(7) If the marks in Physical Efficiency Test are also same, the candidate securing higher marks in written test shall be placed above the other in the select list.
(8) The select list shall contain names of candidates equal to the number of vacancies advertise.
(9) Mere inclusion of the name of a candidate in the select list, shall not confer any right to appoint, unless after inquiry it is found that the candidate is suitable in all respect for being appointed to the service.
(10) The select list so prepared by the Selection Board and approved by the D.G. and I.G. of Police shall be sent to the appointing authority.
(11) There shall be no reserved and waiting list.
(12) The select list unless the Government otherwise decides, shall remain in force for a period of one year, from the date of its approval by the D.G. and I.G. of Police.