Odisha Municipal Planning Service (Method of Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2017
10. Selection by the OPSC:-
(1) The Competitive Axamination for direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Town Planner shall be conducted by the OPSC.
(2) Ordinarily in the month of January of each year the Government shall communicate to the OPSC the total number of vacancies for recruitment taking into account the existing and the anticipated vacancies in that year indicating therein the number of posts required to be filled up and the posts to be reserved for candidates belonging to different reserved categories and furnish the necessary details in the format prescribed for the purpose.
(3) The OPSC, on receipt of the vacancies to be filled up by direct recruitment shall take all necessary steps for the recruitment of suitable candidates and adopt its own procedures.
(4) The syllabus, pattern and scheme of examination shall be as decided by the OPSC in consultation with the Department.
(5) The OPSC shall prepare a composite merit list taking into account all categories and separate merit list category wise.