Odisha Municipal Ministerial Service (Method of Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2017
10. Selection of the Junior Assistants by the OSSC:-
(1) The written tests and computer tests, for direct recruitment to the grade of Junior Assistants shall be conducted by the OSSC.
(2) Ordinarily in the month of January of each year the Director Municipal Administration shall communicate the total number of vacancies for recruitment taking into account the existing and the anticipated vacancies in that year indicating the number of posts required to be filled up by direct recruitment to the OSSC indicating the post to be reserved for candidates belonging to different reserved categories and furnish the necessary details in the format prescribed for the purpose.
(3) The OSSC on receipt of the vacancies to be filled up by direct recruitment shall take all necessary steps for recruitment of suitable candidates and shall adopt its own procedures.
(4) The syllabus, pattern and scheme of examination shall be as decided by the OSSC in consultation with the Department.
(5) The OSSC shall prepare a composite merit list taking into account all categories and separate merit lists category wise.