Odisha Municipal Engineering Service (Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2016
8. Selection of the Junior Engineers by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC):-
(1) The competitive examination for direct recruitment to the grade of Junior Engineer shall be conducted by the OSSC every year.
(2) Ordinarily in the month of January of the year the Director Municipal Administration shall communicate the total number of vacancies, that is, the existing and the anticipated vacancies likely to occur during the recruitment year to be filled up by direct recruitment to the OSSC indicating the post to be reserved for candidates belonging to different reserved categories and furnish the necessary details in the format prescribed for the purpose by the OSSC.
(3) The OSSC shall, on receipt of the vacancies to be filled up by direct recruitment publish the advertisement in the two widely circulated Odia dailies as well as in the official Website inviting applications from eligible candidates to appear at the examination.
(4) The applications shall be received in a format prescribed by the OSSC through online method only with provision of acknowledgement.
(5) The OSSC after receiving applications shall publish the list of applicants in the official website and take steps to select candidates in the manner provided hereunder namely:-
(a) Selection shall be based on written test. The syllabus of the examination shall be as decided by the Commission in consultation with the Department.
(6) The OSSC shall prepare a list of selected candidates arranged in order of merit equal to the number of vacancy advertised.
(7) The OSSC shall prepare a common merit list taking into account all categories along with separate merit list category wise.