Odisha Municipal Engineering Service (Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2016
6. Eligibility Criteria for Direct Recruitment:-
In order to be eligible for direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Executive Engineer and Junior Engineer in the service, a candidate shall have to satisfy the following conditions, namely:-
(1) A candidate must be a citizen of India.
(2) A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not be above the age of 32 years:
Provided that the upper age limit in respect of reserved categories of candidates referred to in Rule 5 shall be relaxed in accordance with the provisions of the Act, rules, orders or instructions, for the time being in force, for their respective categories.
(3)Knowledge in Odia: He must be able to read, write and speak Odia; and have-
(a) passed Middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or
(b) passed Matriculation or equivalent Examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject; or
(c) passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of Class VII from a School or Educational Institution recognised by the Government of Odisha or the Central Government; or
(d) passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department.
(4) Marital Status: A candidate if married must not have more than one spouse living:
Provided that the Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person or there are other grounds for doing so, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
(5) Physical Fitness: A candidate must be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service.
Provided that this clause, except good mental condition shall not be applicable to the persons with disability.
(6) Minimum Educational Qualification for posts of,-
(a) Assistant Executive Engineer shall be Degree in Engineering, or an equivalent qualification from any University or Institution recognized by the Government or the candidate must be an Associated Member of the Institution of Engineers of India.
(b) Junior Engineer shall be Diploma in Engineering or an equivalent qualification from the Institution recognized by the Odisha Council of Technical Education and Vocational Training.