Odisha Municipal Community Development Service (Method of Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2017
10. Selection by the OSSC.-
(1) The competitive examination for direct recruitment to the posts of Community Organiser shall be conducted by the OSSC.
(2) Ordinarily in the month of January of each year the Director Municipal Administration shall communicate the total number of vacancies, already existing and the anticipated vacancies in that year to the OSSC indicating therein the number of posts required to be filled up and the posts to be reserved for candidates belonging to different reserved categories and furnish the necessary details in the format prescribed for the purpose.
(3) The OSSC shall, on receipt of the vacancies to be filled up by direct recruitment shall take all necessary steps for the recruitment of suitable candidates and adopt its own procedures.
(4) The syllabus, pattern and scheme of examination shall be as decided by the OSSC in consultation with the Department.
(5) The OSSC shall prepare a composite merit list taking into account all categories along with separate merit list category wise.