Odisha Municipal Administrative Service(Method of Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2016
12. Select List in case of Direct Recruitment.-
(1) The merit lists received from the OPSC and the OSSC as the case may be, shall be placed before the Government for approval, and on such approval, it shall form the select list.
(2) Appointment to different grades in the service shall be made in the order of the names as they appear in the select list.
(3) Every candidate included in the select list shall be examined by a Medical Board and any candidate who fails to qualify the Medical Board shall not be eligible for appointment.
(4) The select list shall ordinarily remain in force for one year from the date of its approval by the Government under sub-rule (1) or until another select list is prepared, whichever is earlier.