The Odisha Land Rights to Slum Dwellers Rules, 2017
8. Manner of filing, hearing and disposal of appeals. -
(1) Every appeal made under section 8 shall be preferred within a period of sixty days from the date on which a copy of the direction or order or decision made under the Ordinance is received by the aggrieved person and it shall be in Form II and shall be accompanied by a fee of Rupees five hundred:
Provided that the Appellate Authority may entertain any appeal after the expiry of sixty days if it is satisfied that there was sufficient cause for not filing it within that period.
(2) On receipt of an appeal under sub-rule (1), the Appellate Authority may, after giving the parties an opportunity of being heard, pass such orders, including interim orders, as it thinks fit.
(3) The Appellate Authority shall send a copy of every order made by it to the parties and to the Committee or the Authorized Officer, as the case may be.
(4) The appeal preferred under sub-rule (1), shall be dealt with as expeditiously as possible and endeavour shall be made by it to dispose of the appeal within a period of sixty days from the date of receipt of the appeal: Provided that where any such appeal could not be disposed of within the said period of sixty days, the Appellate Authority shall record its reasons in writing for not disposing of the appeal within that period.
(5) The Appellate Authority may, for the purpose of examining the legality or propriety or correctness of any order or decision made under the Ordinance, on its own motion or otherwise, call for the records relevant to dispose of such appeal and make such orders as it thinks fit.