Kerala Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Rules, 2021
5. Impounding and retention of records.-
(1) The person from whose custody records are taken under sub-section (8) of section 7 of the Act may make copies thereof, or take extracts therefrom, in the presence of an officer authorised by the Competent Authority, at such place and time as the Competent Authority may appoint in this behalf.
(2) The officer appointed under sub-section (2) of section 7 shall retain such records in his custody without taking approval from the Competent Authority for a period upto three months, and if the records are necessary to be retained beyond the said period, approval of the Competent Authority shall be obtained.
(3) If the person from whose custody records are impounded objects for any reason to the records being impounded, he may make an application to the Competent Authority stating the reasons for such objection and requesting for the return of the records, and the Competent Authority may, after giving the applicant an opportunity of being heard, pass such orders as he thinks fit.
(4) The officer shall ensure the safe custody of the records impounded and retained in his custody.