Information Technology Electronic Service Delivery Rules 2011
of Electronic Service Delivery.-
1. The appropriate Government may on its own or through
an agency authorised by it, deliver public services through electronically-
enabled kiosks or any other electronic service delivery mechanism.
2. The appropriate Government or its agencies may specify
the form and the manner of Electronic Service Delivery.
3. The appropriate Government may determine the manner of
encrypting sensitive electronic records requiring confidentiality, white they
are electronically signed.
4. The appropriate Government shall notify the service
providers and their agents authorised for Electronic Service Delivery.
5. The appropriate Government may allow receipt of
payments made by adopting the Electronic Service Delivery System to be a deemed
receipt of payment effected in compliance with the financial code and treasury
code of such Government.
6. The appropriate Government may authorise service
providers or their authorised agents to collect, retain and appropriate such
service charges as may be specified by the appropriate Government for the
purpose of providing such services from the person availing such services:
that the apportioned service charges shall be clearly indicated on the receipt
to be given to the person availing the services.
7. The appropriate Government shall by notification
specify the scale of service charges which may be charged and collected by the
service providers and their authorised agents for various kinds of services.
8. The appropriate Government may also determine the
norms on service levels to be complied with by the Service Provider and the