Industrial Disputes (Central) Rules, 1957
FORM - O3 :Application for Permission / to Continue Lay-Off in Establishments to which Chapter V-B Applies
(To be submitted in triplicate 29[* * * ])
(Authority specified under sub-section (1) of section 25M)
Under sub-section (1) / 30[sub-section (3)] of section 25M of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 (14 of 1947) read with sub-rule (1) of rule 75B of the Industrial Disputes (Central) Rules, 1957, I / we hereby apply for permission to the lay-off / permission to continue the lay-off ______________ workmen of a total of ______________________ workmen employed in my/our establishment with effect from for the reasons set out in the Annexure.
Permission is solicited for the lay-off / to continue the lay-off of the said workmen.
Such of the workmen permitted to be laid-off will be paid such compensation, if any, to which they are entitled under sub-section (6) of section 25M, r/w section 25C, of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
(Give details against the following items)
1. Name of the undertaking with complete postal address, including telegraphic address and telephone number :
2. Status of undertaking :
(i) Whether Central public sector / State public sector / foreign majority company / joint sector, etc.
(ii) If belongs to large industrial house, please indicate the controlling group; and if a foreign majority company, indicate the extent of foreign holdings.
(iii) Whether the undertaking is licensed / registered and if so, name of licensing / registration authority and license / registration certificate numbers.
3. (i) Names and addresses of the affected workmen proposed to be laid-off / names and addresses of the workmen laid-off before the commencement of the Industrial Disputes (Amendment) Act, 1976 (32 of 1976) and the dates from which each of them has been laid-off.
(ii) The nature of the duties of the workmen referred to in sub-item (a) the units / sections / shops where they are or were working and the wages drawn by them.
4. Items of manufacture and scheduled industry / industries under which they fall :
5. Details relating to installed capacity, licensed capacity and utilized capacity :
6. (i) Annual production, item-wise for preceding three years :
(ii) Production figures, month-wise, for the preceding twelve months :
7. Work in progress: Item-wise and value-wise :
8. Any arrangement regarding off-loading or sub-contracting of products or any components thereof :
9. Position of the order book : Item-wise and value-wise for a period of six months, and one year next following, and for the period after the expiry of the said one year :
10. Number of working days in a week with the number of shifts per day and the strength of workmen per each shift :
11. Balance sheets, profit and loss accounts and audit reports for the last three years
12. Financial position of the company :
13. Names of the inter-connected companies or companies under the same management:
14.(i) The total number of workmen (category-wise), and the number of employees other than workmen as defined under the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 (14 of 1947), employed in the undertaking :
(ii) Percentage of wages of workmen to the total cost of production.
15. Administrative, general and selling cost in absolute terms per year in the last three years and percentage thereof to the total cost :
16. Details of lay- offs resorted to in the last three years (other than the lay-off for which permission is sought), including the periods of such lay-offs, the number of workmen involved in each such lay-off and the reasons therefor :
17. Anticipated savings due to the proposed lay-off / lay-off for the continuance of which permission is sought :
18. Any proposal for effecting savings on account of reduction in-
(i) managerial remuneration,
(ii) sales promotion costs, and
(iii) general administration expenses :
19. Position of stocks on last day of each of the months in the preceding twelve months.
20. Annual sales figures for the last three years and month-wise sales figures for the preceding twelve months both item-wise and value-wise :
21. Reasons for the proposed lay-off / lay-off for the continuance of which permission is sought :
22. Any specific attempts made so far to avoid the proposed lay-off / lay-off for the continuance of which permission is sought:
23. Any other relevant factors with details thereof