Employees' State Insurance (Central) Rules, 1950
4. Restoration of membership
(1) A member of the Corporation, the Standing Committee, or the Medical Benefit Council, who ceases to be a member by virtue of section 12, shall be informed of such cessation by a letter sent to him by registered post. The letter shall also indicate that if he desires restoration to membership, he may apply therefor within thirty days from the receipt of the letter.
(2) The application under sub-rule (1) shall indicate the reasons which prevented him from attending three consecutive meetings and shall be addressed to the Chairman concerned.
(3) The application shall be placed before the next meeting of the Corporation, the Standing Committee or the Medical Benefit Council, as the case may be, and if a majority of the members present at such meeting are satisfied that the reasons for failure to attend three consecutive meeting are adequate, he shall be restored to membership immediately after a resolution to that effect is adopted.
(4) The benefit of restoration to membership as provided for in this rule shall be allowed to a member only once during any one term as a member.