Employees’ State Insurance (General) Regulations, 1950
FORM 01: Employees' Registration Form
43 [Employer's Code No ______________
(if allotted previously)
1. Name of the factory / establishment ____________
2. Full registered Address ______________
3. (a) Telephone No., if any ______________
(b) Telegraphic address, if any ______________
4. Location of factory/establishment _____________
(a) State _______________
(b) District ______________
(c) Town or village ______________
(d) Nearest railway station _______________
(e) Name of road or locality municipal No., if any ______________
(f) Nearest post office, where factory/establishment is situated _______________
(g) Police station having jurisdiction in area where the factory/ establishment is situated______________
5. Exact nature of work/business carried on __________________
6. (a) Year of registration of the factory under the Factories Act / establishment under the Shops and Establishments Act or under any other Act _________________________(Please indicate the relevant Act)
(b) License No. (factory)/Certificate No. (establishment) __________________
(c) The date of starting of the factory/establishment __________________
7. Nature of proprietorship (whether registered, joint-stock company individual ownership, partnership or private registered company)________________
8. Principal employer___________________
(a) Name of the manager declared as such for purposes of the Factories Act in case of a factory and for the purpose of the Shops and Establishments Act or any other relevant Act ____________
(b) Name of residential address of managing director/ managing agents/ managing partner/ owner or occupier _________________
(c) If it is a registered joint-stock company, name and address of the chairman of the board of directors ___________
(d) Name and residential address of each of the directors of registered joint-stock company/if a partnership concern, name and address of each of the partners _________________
9. (a) Whether power is used in the factory/establishment, if so, since when ________________
(b) In case of factory whether license issued under section 2(m)(i) or 2(m) (ii) of the Factories Act, 1948 __________
10. Is any work/business carried on through contractors or other immediate employers, if any
(a) If so, nature of work/ business _______________
(b) No. of persons so employed for wages __________________
(i) Males _________________
(ii) Females ___________________
(iii) Total __________________
11. If any branch office of factory/ establishment is functioning for sale/ purchase, administration and other businesses at place other than the place mentioned at item 4 or anywhere in India, please furnish name(s) and address(es) of unit(s) and number of employees in each (please attach a separate sheet if necessary)____________________
12. (a) Total number of persons employed for wages including those employed through immediate employers including a contractor whether manual, clerical, supervisory, those connected with administration or purchase of raw materials or distribution or sale of products whether permanent or temporary ___________________
(i) Males ___________________
(ii) Females _________________
(iii) Total ___________________
(b) In case of factory the maximum number of persons that can be employed on any one day in the factory as stated in the license
13. Total number of employees (including those through immediate employers including a contractor whether manual, clerical, supervisory, those connected with administration or purchase of raw materials or distribution or sales of products of the factory/establishment whether permanent or temporary) each of whose wage (excluding remuneration for overtime work) are Rs. 1,600 per mensem or less
(i) Males _________________
(ii) Females _______________
(iii) Total _________________
14.(a) Total amount of wages paid in the preceding month to the employees as given in Query No.13 above ________
(b) The number of employees to whom wages in (a) were paid ______________
15. (i) The first 44[date since]_______ on which 45[10/20] persons were employed for wages in factory/ establishment premises ____________
(ii)Whether 45[10 /20] or more persons were employed for wages continuously _____________
(iii)A month-wise statement of maximum number of persons employed for wages on any day since the first date mentioned in (i) above is furnished in the table given below:
|1951 to 1984|
I hereby declare that the statement given above is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Place................................ Designation ...................
Notes : (1) In answer to item 5 complete information should be given with regard to the nomenclature of industry or business and the exact nature of work carried on as part of that industry or business, for example, instead of giving the nature of business "textile", "chemicals", "engineering", "shops", "road transport", etc, the exact nature of work should be stated such as textile, cotton, chemicals, manufacture of matches, engineering, manufacture of electric motors, shops, shoes, road motor transport, transporting of goods, etc.
(2) Changes in the names and address (es) of persons mentioned in items 80(a) to (d) should invariably be intimated promptly to the Regional Office of the Corporation as soon as these changes take place.
(3) "Power" shall have the meaning assigned to it in the Factories Act, 1948.
(4) "Immediate employer", in relation to employees employed by or through him, means a person who has undertaken the execution, on the premises of a factory or an establishment to which this Act applies or under the supervision of the principal employer or his agent, of the whole or any part of any work which is ordinarily part of the work of the factory or establishment of the principal employer or is preliminary to the work carried on in or incidental to the purpose of any such factory or establishment and includes a person by whom the services of an employee who has entered into a contract of service with him are temporarily lent or let on hire to the principal employer and includes a contractor.
(5) "Principal employer" means-
(i) in a factory, the owner or occupier of the factory and includes the managing agent of such owner or occupier, the legal representative of the deceased owner or occupier and where a person has been named as the manager of the factory under the Factories Act, 1948, the person so named;
(ii) in any establishment under the control of any department of any government in India, the authority appointed by such government, in this behalf or where no authority is so appointed, the head of the departments;
(iii) in any other establishment any person responsible for the supervision and control of the establishment.
(6) "Occupier of a factory/establishment" means the person who has an ultimate control over the affairs of the factory/establishment and when the said affairs are entrusted to a managing agent, such agent shall be the occupier of the factory/establishment.
(7) "Employee" means any person employed for wages in or in connection with the work of a factory or establishment to which this Act applies, and
(i) who is directly employed by the principal employer or any work incidental or preliminary to or connected with the work of the factory or establishment, whether such work is done by the employee in the factory or establishment or elsewhere; or
(ii) who is employed by or through an immediate employer on the premises of the factory or establishment or under the supervision of the principal employer or his agent on work which is ordinarily part of the work of the factory or establishment or which is preliminary to the work carried on in or incidental to the purpose of the factory or establishment; or
(iii) whose services are temporarily lent or let on hire to the principal employer by the persons with whom the person whose services are so lent or let on hire has entered into a contract of services and includes any person employed for wages on any work connected with the administration of the factory or establishment or any part, department or branch thereof or with the purchase of raw materials for, or the distribution of sale of the products of the factory or establishment or any person engaged as an apprentice, not being an apprentice engaged under the Apprentices Act, 1961, or under the Standing Orders of the establishment; but does not include-
(a) any member of the Indian Naval, military or Air Forces; or
(b) any person so employed whose wages (excluding remuneration for overtime work) exceeds such wages as may be prescribed by the Central Government a month :
PROVIDED that an employee whose wages (excluding remuneration of overtime work) exceeds such wages as may be prescribed by the Central Government, a month at any time after (and not before) the beginning of the contribution period shall continue to be an employee until the end of that period.
(8) "Wages" means all remuneration paid or payable in cash to an employee if the terms of the contract of employment express or implied were fulfilled and includes any payment to an employee in respect of any period of authorized leave, lock-out, strike which is not legal or lay-off and other additional remuneration, if any, paid at intervals not exceeding two months but does not include:
(a) any contribution paid by the employer to any pension fund or provident fund or under this Act;
(b) any traveling allowance or the value of any traveling concession;
(c) any sum paid to the person employed to defray special expenses entailed on him by the nature of his employment; or
(d) any gratuity payable on discharge.]