Banking Regulation (Companies) Rules, 1949
14. Publication of approved currencies and securities
(1) The Reserve Bank shall, not later than one month from the commencement of these rules, by a notification in the Gazette of India, publish for the purpose of section 25 of the Act a list of currencies in which export bills drawn in, and import bills drawn on and payable in India may be expressed.
(2) The Reserve Bank may, by notification in the Gazette of India, publish for the purpose of section 25 of the Act, a list of securities approved by it.
(3) Any alteration in the list referred to in sub-rules (1) and (2) shall also be published in the Gazette of India.
(4) An alteration, adding a currency or security to the list, shall take effect from the date of publication of the alteration while an alteration, omitting a currency or security from the list, shall take effect at the expiry of three months from the date of publication of the alteration.