Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library


Central & State Forms

How Do I Obtain

Apply for

Registration Forms for

IP Forms

Passport & Visa Forms

Tax Forms

Forms for


Affidavits & Notices

Obtain Marriage Certificate: Rajasthan

Marriage Certificate is issued to Indian citizens by the Marriage Officer/ Registrar of marriage, who is generally the District Magistrate of the concerned district under the Special Marriage Act, 1954, or under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955(XXV), the Rajasthan Hindu Marriage Registration Rules 1956, etc.

Under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955, marriage registration must be done within 30 days of the date of marriage. If the registration is not done within 30 days, the marriage will be registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.


Grooms should be at least 21 years old, while brides should at least 18 for a marriage to be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. Grooms and brides should be at least 21 years old if the marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.


The prescribed application form is to be filled-up for marriage registration under different marriage Acts. The application form is free and available at the District Magistrate office.

Necessary documents/papers


         Age certificate (mark sheet/ certificate from medical officer).

         2 Photographs of Marriage (as proof of marriage).

         Residence certificate of both the bride and the groom.

         Marriage Card (optional).

         Priest's Affidavit is required in the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.


Rs. 10 is charged for issuing a Marriage Certificate.


After receiving the dully-filled application from the bride and groom, the Registrar of marriage issues a one-month notice to the Registrar of marriage of both the bride's and the groom's home districts and to their parents for any claims and objections. A copy of the notice is also pasted on the notice board. If no claims or objections are received within the one-month period, the Registrar registers the marriage under the Marriage Act in the presence of both the bride and the grooms, and 3 witnesses. The Marriage Certificate is then issued to the couple.

Concerned Authority

Registrar of Marriage/ Marriage Officer, who is generally the District Magistrate.

Marriage Certificate

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys