Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library


Central & State Forms

How Do I Obtain

Apply for

Registration Forms for

IP Forms

Passport & Visa Forms

Tax Forms

Forms for


Affidavits & Notices

Obtain Marriage Certificate: Punjab

Department Concerned

The Tehsildar, and in his absence the Naib Tehsildar of the concerned Tehsil, acts as the Registrar for registration under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.

Eligibility Conditions

A party to a Hindu Marriage which has been solemnised, or the guardian of such a party, may apply for registration of the marriage to the Registrar of the local area in which the applicant resides.

Step by Step Procedure

  1. When an application for the registration of a Hindu Marriage is presented before the Registrar by a party, the Registrar shall, except when both the parties to the marriage and their guardians appear before him personally and are identified to his satisfaction, give notice to the other party by registered post and make such enquiries of a summary character as he thinks fit regarding the marriage.
  2. On being satisfied about the fact of the marriage, the Registrar shall register the marriage and enter the particulars thereof, as given in the application for registration, in the Hindu Marriage register.

Check List of Documents

  1. Application form
  2. Fee Receipt/Copy of Challan if paid in Treasury
  3. Copy of the Ration Card or proof of residence

Verification Procedures

The details mentioned in the form are verified from the proofs of marriage like Marriage Card, Photographs, Ration Card and written statements taken from the parents/ guardians of both parties and the Lambardar.

Prescribed Time Schedule

The Marriage Certificate is issued to the applicant in 30 days.

Fee Prescribed

      i.        Fee: Rs.50/-

     ii.        Pasting Fee: Rs.20/-

Sanctioning Authority

The Registrar ( Birth and Death) of the concerned area

Grievance Redressal System

Any person aggrieved by an order refusing to register a marriage may, within 30 days from the date of the order, appeal to the Deputy Commissioner of the district concerned.

Other Information

      i.        The age of the female should not be less than 18 years and that of the male should not be less than 21 years.

     ii.        A male can apply for registration of marriage to the registrar of the area in which he resides. Similarly a female can also apply for registration of marriage to the registrar of the area in which she resides, i.e., a marriage can be registered either at the bride's place or at the bridegroom's place.

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys