Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library


Central & State Forms

How Do I Obtain

Apply for

Registration Forms for

IP Forms

Passport & Visa Forms

Tax Forms

Forms for


Affidavits & Notices

Obtain Marriage Certificate: Arunachal Pradesh


Indian citizens of age above 18 years and 21 years for the bride and for the groom respectively

Concerned Authority

Marriage Officer (normally, EAC(Judicial) of the Deputy Commissioners office is designated as the Marriage Officer)


         The parties (bride and groom) need to submit a joint application with a joint affidavit in the prescribed format to the office of the Marriage Officer.

         After receiving the application from the parties, the Marriage Officer will issue a notice (with a copy on the notice board) for claims and objections, to the Marriage Officers of the home districts of both the bride and the groom, returnable within one month.

         Marriage Officers of the home districts publicise widely for the information of all concerned like parents, relatives etc so that they can file claims and objections, if any, to the Marriage Officer.

         If no claims and objections are received within the stipulated period of one month, from the Marriage Officers of home districts, the marriage is solemnized and registered in the court of the Marriage Officer, in the presence of three witnesses under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.

Necessary documents/papers

Affidavit, prescribed application form


Rs. 100/- for issuing a Marriage Certificate


The concerned forms are sold at the Deputy Commissioner's office. Online submission of forms is not possible. A signed copy of the application is required for processing.

Marriage Certificate

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys