Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library


Central & State Forms

How Do I Obtain

Apply for

Registration Forms for

IP Forms

Passport & Visa Forms

Tax Forms

Forms for


Affidavits & Notices

Obtain Marriage Certificate: Andaman and Nicobar Island


The girl should be above 18 years of years and the boy above the age of 21 years and one of the parties to the marriage has to have resided in Andaman & Nicobar Islands for a period of not less than thirty days immediately preceding the date on which such notice is given.

Concerned Authority

Marriage officer - Additional District Magistrate


When a marriage is intended to be solemnized, both the bridegroom and the bride have to fill the form of the 'second schedule notice of the intended marriage'. A copy of the application duly countersigned, is put on the notice board of the Registrar's Office for general publication, for a period of thirty days.

After 30 days of notice, if no objection has been received, the couple is considered eligible for marriage registration. They should pay Rs. 50/- for obtaining the marriage certificate after due formalities.

The parties, with three witnesses, sign a declaration. The declaration is made before the marriage officer and the same is countersigned by the marriage officer.

The marriage is solemnized and the marriage certificate in the specified form is signed by both the parties (the bridegroom and the bride) as required under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.

Whom to approach & Time

Additional District Magistrate, Deputy Commissioner's Office, between 8.30 am. and 5.00 pm


         Declaration to be made by the Bridegroom and the Bride

         Age proof certificate stating that the Bridegroom has completed 21 years of age and the Bride 18 years

         Residential proof


Rs.50/- for the Marriage Certificate


Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys