Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library


Central & State Forms

How Do I Obtain

Apply for

Registration Forms for

IP Forms

Passport & Visa Forms

Tax Forms

Forms for


Affidavits & Notices

Apply for Ration Card: Tripura


Citizens eligible for applying for the issuance of a Ration Card are:

1.     The person having no ration card: The Department of FCS&CA, by means of periodic enumeration has comprehensively covered the entire population with a ration card. Any individual applying for a ration card has to prove that he never had any ration card and supplement his claim with supporting documents like Nationality, Residency, Land Documents and most importantly an affidavit to this effect to the issuing authority. These documents are to be attached along with the ration card application form.

2.     Temporary Ration Card: The temporary ration card is only issued for Relief purpose, after thorough field enquiry by the concerned authority. The duration of the card should not exceed for more than three months.

3.     Duplicate Ration Card: In case the ration card is lost or become defaced, mutilated, illegible or otherwise rendered useless for no fault of the holder of the ration card, the competent authority can issue duplicate ration card after charging the appropriate fee.

4.     The person having ration card at the previous place: This is applicable in the case of Government officials or other persons who are transferred from one place to another. In this case, the Deletion Certificate is required from the Sub-Divisional Magistrates/ Rationing Authority of the place from where the person was residing previously. This document is to be attached along with the ration card application form.

5.     After Marriage, entry to be made in the ration card: In this case also deletion certificate is required from the previous place of residence, issued by the Sub-Divisional Magistrates/ Rationing Authority This document is to be attached along with ration card application form and ration card in which addition has to be made.

6.     In case of birth of child: For any additions to be made in the ration card, the birth certificate of the child is required along with ration card in which the addition has to be made. This should be accompanied by a neatly hand written or typed application on a plain paper addressed to the Sub-Divisional Magistrates/ Rationing Authority.


The applicant shall submit the application (in plain paper or prescribed application form in bengali) for issuance of Ration card along with the deletion certificate issued from the Sub-Divisional Magistrates/ Rationing Authority of the previous place of residence to the concerned office along with the supporting documents.

The applicant will be given a receipt for the application form and the date on which the applicant should collect the Ration Card. The applicant will have to produce the receipt for collection of the Ration Card. The office may verify the new address, as given in the application and if every thing is found in order, the New Ration Card or the modified ration card, as the case may, will be issued to the applicant.

An inquiry officer will also verify other information regarding members etc given in the application form. In the case of addition of birth of child, the birth certificate and original ration card must be submitted to the office. In case of marriage etc, Deletion Certificate issued by the previous authority must be attached with the application and the ration card. If everything is found in order, the Ration Card will be issued or the application rejected with reasons, and informed to the applicant on the given date.

For obtaining BPL ration Card, Citizen must submit an exclusive recommendation of the Panchayat authorities, which is duly verified by the competent authority by means of field enquiry.

Departments/Officers Concerned

Rationing Authority, Agartala, Department of FCS&CA and the Sub-Divisional Magistrates across the state beyond Agartala.

Documents/Papers/Fee to take along

a.     For a new Ration Card

1.     Citizenship Certificate

2.     Residency Certificate (Permanent Resident Certificate)

3.     Land Document before 1971

4.     Deletion Certificate

5.     Affidavit to the effect that the applicant was not holding any ration card previously.

b.    For addition of members in the existing Ration Card

In the case of marriage, Deletion Certificate of the spouse from the previous place and in the case of birth of a child, the birth certificate of the child. The existing ration card must also accompany the application.

A fee of Rs.2.00 is charged for issuance of a Ration Card to APL families and a fee of Rs.10.00 is also charged for issuance of a duplicate Ration Card.

Application Form for Ration Card (English Form)
Application Form for Ration Card in Bengali

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys