Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library


Central & State Forms

How Do I Obtain

Apply for

Registration Forms for

IP Forms

Passport & Visa Forms

Tax Forms

Forms for


Affidavits & Notices

Apply for Inclusion of name in the Electoral Rolls: Tripura

Any citizen in Tripura can own a land by any of the following processes of Mutation:








         Court decree

Concerned Departments

Office of Tehsildar, Office of Deputy Collector and Magistrate (DCM) or Revenue Inspector (RI) at Revenue Circle level and District Magistrate & Collector (DM) in the District level

Procedure [to get a Khatian (Record of Right)]

         The applicant has to register his/her land transaction document as per the procedure detailed as Registration of Document with the Office of the Sub-Registrar.

         After acquiring the land registration document "Dalil" (Sale Deed Registration/Gift Deed Registration/or any Registration Deed arising from above process of owning land), the interested applicant will visit Tehsil office (TK) and apply for mutation in Form No. 21 of TRLR ACT (Application form for Mutation).

         Any person who prays for mutation is required to state in his report the lands already held by him.

         Tehsildar (Officer-In-Charge of TK) shall acknowledge the receipt of the application form 21 by making a counter-foil, duly filled in, signed and dated.

         Tehsildar would enter the details in his Mutation register (form 20 of TRLR ACT).

         Notice is generated and served to all concerned land holders with a date fixed for hearing.

         Any objection to the mutation received either orally or in writing to the Tehsil office before the date of hearing, shall be recorded in the disputed mutation case register (Form 22 of TRLR ACT).

         The acknowledgement of the objection shall be given in Form 23 TRLR Act.

         Entries in the mutation register shall be tested by the Circle officer (DCM or RI) and shall order for field enquiry to the Tehsil office before the date of hearing. Field enquiry shall be conducted by an Amin.

         Based upon the field enquiry, hearing is completed at the concerned TK office by the concerned Mutation Officer (RI or Kanungo of the office of DCM).

         After hearing, the applicant is requested to submit FORM B (Form for getting new ROR). At the same time, the Tehsil office will prepare the Badar Register, Touzi mill Register, Jama Bandi Register and send the case record to DCM's office.

         After checking all the documents, DCM may pass an order of mutation over Form B.

         Handing over of Khatian to the concerned person: The charges are also collected from the concerned person @ Rs 15/- per page of Khatian and @ Rs 4/- per extra page of the concerned Khatian.

         Acknowledgement receipt is issued to the concerned person as a proof of collection of charge.

Necessary Documents

         DALIL (Deed Registration)

         ROR fee - @ Rs 15/- per page of Khatian and @ Rs 4/- per extra page

Other information


         Must be a Citizen of India.

         Must have attained 18 years of age as on 1st January of that year.

         Must be an ordinary resident of the area where he/she wishes to enrol his/her name.


There are two ways of getting one's name registered in the Electoral Roll.

         During the door-to-door campaign by the authorised Government functionaries, which is done once in every 10 years, or as desired by the Election Commission of India.

         During annual revision, the date of which is published by the Election Department. In this case, the eligible person should obtain the appropriate form from the concerned Electoral Registration Officer of the locality or Polling Station, and submit the duly filled-up form to the concerned ERO or Designated Officer. Then the applicant has to present himself on the date of hearing. If everything is in order, the applicant's name is enrolled in the Electoral Roll.

In case of lodging objection/seeking deletion of name from Electoral Roll, a person can apply in Form-7 to the ERO concerned. The ERO shall call both the parties for hearing and take a decision.

In case of correction of Name, Age, Address, etc. in the voters' list, an application should be made to ERO concerned in Form-8.

In case of transposition, Form-8A is to be used. Application is to be made to the ERO concerned.


Form 6: Application for inclusion of name

Form 7: Application for objecting inclusion of name in or seeking deletion of name from Electoral Rolls.

Form 8: Application for correction of particulars entered in Electoral Rolls.

Form 8A Application for transposition of entry in Electoral Rolls.

The forms have to be submitted physically or by post to the ERO concerned.

Concerned Authority

The Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) of the concerned Assembly Constituency.

Necessary documents/papers:

         Proof showing age/citizenship.

         If shifted from other places, necessary proof of earlier entry in the voters' list.


No fee is charged for the service.

Electoral Roll

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys