Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library


Central & State Forms

How Do I Obtain

Apply for

Registration Forms for

IP Forms

Passport & Visa Forms

Tax Forms

Forms for


Affidavits & Notices

Apply for Ration Card: Maharashtra

An applicant who desires to obtain a ration card has to apply to the Rationing Office of his area in the prescribed form. The Mumbai-Thane Rationing area is controlled by the Controller of the Rationing Office. At the district & Tehsil levels, the District Supply Officer and the Tehsildar respectively are the authorities for the processing of applications.


An application in the prescribed format is to be submitted along with a copy of residential proof such as house rent receipt, bank passbook, electricity/telephone bill, driving licence, identity card, allotment letter towards quarters issued by the Govt. MHADA, CIDCO, and NOC from house owner or a copy of the agreement if the premises is rented. An affidavit that the applicant does not have a ration card, is also required.

In case of transfer of a ration card, the applicant has to produce the certificate of cancellation of the previous ration card from the issuing authority.

For the addition of a child's name in the existing ration card, a copy of the birth certificate of the child whose name is being added is required. Similarly, to add spouse's name, the certificate of deletion of the name of the spouse from the previous ration card is required.

Concerned Authority

The Food and Civil Supply Department of the Govt. of Maharashtra is responsible for issuing ration cards in Maharashtra. The contact details of this department are as under:

Dept. Name

Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department

Postal Address

Mantralaya Annexe, Mumbai

Pin Code



+ 91 - 22 - 22023183

The Controller of the Rationing office is the nodal office for the issue of ration cards, from 42 rationing offices in the Mumbai and Thane region of Maharashtra. The District Supply officer/ Foodgrain Distribution Officer in a district and the Tehsildar in a Tehsil are responsible for the processing of applications for ration cards.

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys