Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library


Central & State Forms

How Do I Obtain

Apply for

Registration Forms for

IP Forms

Passport & Visa Forms

Tax Forms

Forms for


Affidavits & Notices

Apply for Ration Card: Himachal Pradesh


  1. Persons having no ration cards: In this case, the individual must produce a certificate from the Panchayat Pradhan/ Inspector, the FCS&CA/ the concerned authority in writing, that the person has no ration card. Such a certificate will normally be granted after the person files an affidavit to this effect to the issuing authority. This document is to be attached along with the ration card application form.
  2. Temporary Ration Card: The temporary ration card will be issued to migratories and the duration of the card should not exceed three months.
  3. Duplicate Ration Card: In case the ration card is lost or become defaced , mutilated ,illegible or otherwise rendered unless, for no fault of the holder of the ration card, the competent authority can issue a duplicate ration card after charging the appropriate fee.
  4. Persons having ration cards at the previous place: This is applicable in the case of Government officials or other persons who are transferred from one place to another. In this case, the Deletion Certificate is required from the Panchayat Pradhan/ Inspector, FCS&CA of the place where the person was residing previously. This document is to be attached along with the ration card application form.
  5. After marriage, if the entry is to be made in the ration card: In this case also, deletion certificate is required from the previous place of residence, issued by the Inspector, FCS&CA/ Panchayat Pradhan. This document is to be attached along with the ration card application form and ration card.
  6. In case of birth of a child: For the addition to be made in the ration card , the birth certificate of the child is required, along with the ration card in which the addition has to be made and the application neatly handwritten or typed on a plain paper addressed to the Inspector, FCS&CA / Panchayat Pradhan.

Concerned Authority

The application for obtaining a ration card should be made to the Panchayat Pradhan in case of rural areas and to the Inspector, FCS&CA. In case of urban areas, the application should be submitted to the Inspector, FCS&CA.

Form to be filled: The application should be submitted in Form-II-Application for a Ration Card.

Supporting Documents

1.     For a new Ration Card, Deletion Certificate or an affidavit to the effect that the applicant was not holding any ration card previously must be submitted.

2.     For addition of members in the existing Ration Card, in the case of marriage, Deletion Certificate of the spouse from the previous place and in the case of birth of a child, the birth certificate of the child. The existing ration card must also accompany the application.


         New Ration Card: A fee of Rs.5.00 is charged for the issuance of a Ration Card to APL families.

         Duplicate Ration Card: A fee of Rs.5.00 is charged for the issuance of a Ration Card.


The applicant shall submit the application for issuance of Ration card along with the deletion certificate issued from the Inspector(FCS&CA)/ Panchayat Pradhan of the previous place of residence to the concerned office along with the supporting documents. The application form must be attested by the Head of the Office in case of employees and by any Municipal Commissioner or Gazetted Officer or MLA/Ward Member or any other person authorised by the Government for this purpose. The applicant will be given a receipt for the application form and the date on which the applicant should collect the Ration Card. The applicant will have to produce the receipt for collection of the Ration Card. The office may verify the new address as given in the application and if everything is found to be in order, the new Ration Card or the modified ration card, as the case may be, will be issued to the applicant. An inquiry officer will also verify other information regarding members, etc. given in the application form. In the case of addition of the birth of a child, the birth certificate and the original ration card must be submitted at the office. In case of marriage etc., Deletion Certificate issued by the previous authority must be attached with the application and the ration card. If everything is found in order, the Ration Card will be issued or the application rejected with reasons, and the information will be given to the applicant on the given date.

Time Limit:

The receiving official will give the receipt of the application to the applicant along with the probable date when the office will issue the Ration Card. The Ration Card is issued within a week under normal circumstances.

Ration Card (Hindi)
Ration Card (English)

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys