Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library


Central & State Forms

How Do I Obtain

Apply for

Registration Forms for

IP Forms

Passport & Visa Forms

Tax Forms

Forms for


Affidavits & Notices

Apply for Ration Card: Delhi

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. I need a ration card. Can I be issued one ?

A. Any person permanently residing or intending so to do in the National Capital Territory of Delhi (NCTD) who desires to have a Household Consumer Card (HCC), commonly referred to as Permanent Ration Card (PRC), can be issued one if he, or some other person on his behalf, is not already in possession of such a card, or if name of any member of his family is not included in another HCC.

Q. Can a person who is residing with me and whose particulars are recorded in the PRC issued to me be issued a separate HCC on the same dwelling unit?

A. Household means a family unit living together in one building or portion of the building held in possession of any member of the family as resident and maintaining a common kitchen and includes person so living together, whether or not dependent on the holder of the HCC. Accordingly, a person living with you can get a separate consumer card only if he establishes that he has a separate kitchen.

Q. I am visiting Delhi but don?t intend to stay here for long. Can I get a ration card?

A. A household Consumer Card is available for lawful use only for the person or persons who reside, or intend to reside, permanently in the NCT of Delhi. A person can be deemed to be permanently residing in the NCT of Delhi for purpose of issue of supplies from public distribution system if he is ordinarily living in NCT of Delhi and is not absent there from for a period exceeding one month at a time. A person or class of persons who do not reside, or intend to reside, permanently in the National Capital Territory of Delhi can, however, be issued & quot; special permits & quot; for obtaining supply of any of the specified articles for such period, for such quantity and from such source as may be specified therein.

Q. I am staying in a residential college (hostel)/working women hostel with mess facility. Do I need to obtain Household Consumer Card?

A. Inmates of these institutions are not required to obtain individual Household Consumer Cards. ?Establishment Permits? are issued to institutions such as Hostels/Hospitals/Welfare Homes etc.

Q. I belong to armed forces and get ration from canteen. Can I be issued a household consumer card?

A. If a person is receiving specified articles for himself or members of his family from any Naval/Military/Airforce Authority, he will not be issued Household Consumer Card. However, such service personnel as are on leave and residing in the National Capital Territory of Delhi and not drawing specified articles from Naval/Military/Airforce authority will be entitled to obtain Household Consumer Card for the specified period of leave.

Q. Can a consumer card be issued to my servant who is residing with us?

A. You may apply for inclusion of your servant?s name in your consumer card, preferably after getting his police verification.

Q. I am a new resident in jhuggi cluster. Can I be issued a household consumer card ?

A. The Government invites applications for preparation of jhuggi ration cards from time to time. At present, no such scheme is in operation. You may apply as a when applications for the purpose are invited by the Government.

Q. Though I am a user of LPG, my servant and driver included in the household consumer card cook separately using kerosene oil. Can a blue card be issued to me ?

A. No, a blue card cannot be issued to you. However, your servant and driver can be issued a separate HCC, and thereafter, a Blue Card.

Q. Do I have to make different household consumer cards for different commodities?

Ans. For all specified articles sold through public distribution system (PDS), except kerosene oil, only one consumer card is required. For kerosene oil, one has to obtain an additional card commonly called Blue. card. Blue card is issued to only such persons as have a HCC and do not use LPG

Q. What to do in case I do not know any gazetted officer or other competent authority for having my photograph attested for getting a ration card?

A. You can get it attested by elected representative of your area such as MLP, MP or Municipal Councillor.

Q. What to do if my landlord is not giving me any rent receipt or NOC indicating my residence?

A. Witness of two neighbours or any other proof of continuous residence may be submitted.

Q. What to do in case I do not have any evidence of surrender of my previous consumer card ?

Ans. In such cases, an affidavit attested by the area SDM/Oath Commissioner/Notary Public may be submitted Getting ration Card

New Card

You may obtain application form for making of new consumer card from any Circle Office on payment of 50 paisa. Application form for Blue card is supplied free of cost. (you can see a copy of form no. 1 and by clicking on words Application for Kerosene Oil Card, you can see copy of application form for the Blue Card. You may download the same and present the duly filled in hard copy at your Circle Office on any working day between 9.30 to 1:00 pm.

You have to attach the following documents alongwith your application form: -

  • Three passport size photographs of head of family attested by a gazetted Officer /MLA/MP/Municipal Councillor.
  • Proof of residence - in case of owner, Registration Deed, Allotment Letter, Power of Attorney, House Tax Receipt etc. - in case of tenant, NOC of landlord or any other relevant document.
  • Surrender/Deletion certificate of the previous card.

In case the applicant is not able to provide any proof of residence, the Circle FSO conducts spot inquiries by recording statement of two independent witnesses in the neighbourhood. Prescribed time schedule for preparation of ration card is 15 days.

You can apply in the form no.2 for addition of any name in your Ration card. If you present application for addition of names alongwith documentary proof i.e. deletion certificate issued by the competent authority, in case of shifting; or birth certificate/proof of marriage etc., in case of addition to the family, addition of names in your Ration card is done the same day. Otherwise, the process may require upto 7 days.

Deletion of Members

You can apply in the form no.2 for deletion of any name also in your Ration card. Clicking here on Form No 2, you can see a copy of form no. 2. You may download the same and present the duly filled in hard copy at your Circle Office alongwith the Ration card.

Deletion of names from the HCC is done on the same day on presentation of consumer card with application.

Other Changes

You can apply in the form no.3 for any changes in your card. Clicking here on Form No 3, you can see a copy of form no. 3. You may download the same and present the duly filled in hard copy at your Circle Office alongwith the Ration card. The amendment, after the required verification, will be done within 7 days.

Surrender of Food Card

When you leave Delhi or shift residence outside the Circle, you are required to surrender your Ration card for which you can apply in form-J. You can see a copy of form no. 2 by clicking here on Form J. You may download the same and present the duly filled in hard copy at your Circle Office alongwith the Ration card. If you want a surrender certificate, the same shall be issued on the same day.

Tatkal Ration Card

For convenience of the public and to streamline the procedure of issuing ration cards the Govt. of NCT of Delhi has decided to start Tatkal Ration Card Scheme under which the ration card will be issued within two days of filing the application form on payment of prescribed processing fee. Following instructions are issued in this regard:-

1.     Under this scheme, only Permanent Ration Cards (PRCs) under Above Poverty Line category can be issued. JRCs or Antyodaya/BPL cards shall not be issued under this scheme.

2.     The scheme is not applicable in respect of foreign nationals.

3.     The application forms are available in all circle offices, AC offices, Headquarter and on the website of the department.

4.     Applications can be deposited in the office of the concerned zonal Assistant Commissioner and the ration card may be obtained from the same place within two working days during office hours.

5.     The counter clerk shall note on the counterfoil of application, the date and time when the applicant should come to collect the ration card.

6.     The applications should be accompanied by one of the following documents:- Rent receipt, Electricity/Water/Telephone Bill, House Tax receipts, Registration Deed, Power of Attorney, Gas connection Receipt, Receipt Allotment Letter from the competent authority, NOC from the landlord.

7.     The application should also be accompanied by following documents:-

a.     Surrender Certificate in respect of old ration card or the old ration card in original, if any.

b.    Three latest passport size photographs attested by a Gazetted Officer or MP/MLA/Municipal Councillor of Delhi.

c.     The signature of the applicant on the application form should be attested by a Gazetted Officer or MP/MLA/Municipal Councillor of Delhi.

d.    In case of b & c , if individual presents himself, attestation will not be necessary.

e.     An affidavit attested by Notary Public or Oath Commissioner in support of correctness of the information furnished in the application form and the documents attached with the application form.

8.     Addition and Deletion in the old card and issuance of duplicate card will also be covered by Tatkal Service. However there will be no processing fee for deletion in the card.

For obtaining services under Tatkal Service, the applicant will have to deposit Rs. 100/- as processing fee and obtain receipt from the office.

Application for New/Duplicate Consumer Card/Ration Card
Application for Addition or Deletion of Facts in the Ration Card
Application for Change in the Food Card/Ration Card
Application for Surrendering Food Card/Ration Card

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys