Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library

Report No. 277

Section 365H Appeals.-

(1) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (2), any person aggrieved by an award of a Special Court may, within a period of ninety days from the date of the award, prefer an appeal to the High Court.

(2) No appeal by the person, who is required to pay any amount in terms of such award, shall be entertained by the High Court, unless he has deposited with it twenty-five thousand rupees or fifty per cent of the amount so awarded, whichever is higher, in the manner as may be prescribed.

(3) The High Court may entertain an appeal after the expiry of the said period of ninety days, if it is satisfied that the appellant was prevented by sufficient cause from preferring the appeal in time.

(4) No appeal shall lie against an award of a Special Court if the amount awarded is less than fifty thousand rupees.

Wrongful Prosecution (Miscarriage of Justice) - Legal Remedies Back

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys