Report No. 78
2.25. Points for consideration.-
We can now briefly indicate the directions in which reform of the law should be possibly considered. There are several matters which need to be discussed we have already indicated1 and the problem requires to be considered in several suspects, mentioned below:
1. Expeditious disposal of cases.2
2. Expansion of the category of bailable offences.3
3. Amount of bond.4
4. Release on bond without sureties.5
5. Penal provision for failure to appear and surrender.6
6. Arrangements for detention.7
1. Para. 1.3, supra.
2. Chapter 3, infra.
3. Chapter 4, infra.
4. Chapter 5, infra.
5. Chapter 6, infra.
6. Chapter 7, infra.
7. Chapter 8, infra.