Report No. 47
XVI. Companies Act, 1956
Section 203(1)(a) of the Companies Act should be amended by inserting, after the words "management of a company", the following words figures and brackets or of any offence under the following Act punishable with imprisonment for more than three years, namely,-
"(1) The Central Excises and Salt Act, 1944,
(2) The Foreign Exchange Regulation Act, 1947,
(3) The Imports and Exports (Control) Act, 1947,
(4) The Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, 1954,
(6) The Wealth Tax Act, 1957,
(7) The Income-tax Act, 1961,
(8) The Customs Act, 1962,
(9) The Gold Control Act, 1968."
XVII. Amendment of the Constitution
Constitution, Seventh Schedule, Union List, Item 9, should be amended so as to read as follows1:-
"Preventive detention for reasons connected with defence, foreign affairs, the security of India, the effective realisation of duties of customs and excise, or the conservation of foreign exchange; persons subjected to such detention."
1. Para. 16.12 of the Report.