Report No. 148
On the basis of the discussions contained in the preceding chapters, we have identified the following Central Acts suitable for repeal1, and accordingly recommend their repeal.
(1) The Forfeiture Act, 1859 (9 of 1859).
(2) The Ganges Tolls Act, 1867 (1 of 1867).
(3) The Acting Judges Act, 1867 (16 of 1867).
(4) The Companies (Foreign Interests) Act, 1918 (20 of 1918).
(5) The Promissory Notes (Stamp) Act, 1926 (11 of 1926).
As regards other Central Acts examined in this Report2, suitable action (as indicated in the relevant Chapters) may be taken.
1. Chapter 3, supra
2. Chapter 4, supra
Justice K.N. Singh, Chairman.
Justice S. Ranganathan, Member.
D.N. Sandanshiv, Member.
P.M. Bakshi, Member-(Part-time).
M. Marcus, Member-(Part-time).
Ch. Prabhakara Rao, Member-secretary.
Dated: 26th November, 1993.