Report No. 269
3. Application of the rules -
These rules shall apply to the farms where chickens are housed.
4. Registration -
(1) No person shall engage in chicken farming without being registered with the animal husbandry department of the concerned State Government under these rules.
(2) The registration certificate shall be displayed in a conspicuous place at the farm.
(3) Every farm operating prior to the commencement of these rules shall within a period of three months from the date of its commencement, register itself with the state animal husbandry department of the concerned State.
(4) The animal husbandry department of the State may, while granting registration, impose such conditions as it may deem fit.