Report No. 269
11. Feed -
(1) Chickens shall be provided nutritious feed every day and fed a wholesome diet, in sufficient quantity which is appropriate to their age and species.
(2) The nutrient content and feeding regimes shall be controlled to prevent leg abnormalities and other problems associated with rapid rate of growth.
(3) Chickens shall not be given feed containing remains of dead chicks.
(4) Chickens shall not be given growth promoters.
(5) Antibiotics, including coccidiostats, shall not be administered except under the supervision of a veterinarian.
(6) The farm owner or operator shall provide sufficient feeder which shall be distributed throughout the house or enclosure to allow all chickens to eat without undue competition and the feed distribution shall ensure uniform feed availability throughout the entire feeder system.