Report No. 105
9. Advisory Councils.-
(1) The Central Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute Advisory Councils for performing the functions to be performed under this Act by such Councils.
(2) Separate Advisory Councils may be constituted with reference to particular classes of goods or particular industries as may be considered appropriate.
(3) Each Advisory Council shall consist of the following persons, to be appointed by the Central Government:
(a) Chairman, who shall be a person with experience or expertise in business or industry;
(b) two members representing business or industry; and
(c) two members representing consumers.
(4) No person shall be appointed as a Chairman who is actively engaged in business or industry.
(5) The procedure to be followed by Advisory Councils and administrative matters concerning them shall be such as may be prescribed.