Report No. 263
7. Powers of Central Authority.
The Central Authority shall, have for the purposes of discharging its functions under this Act, the same powers as are vested in a civil court under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908) while trying a suit, in respect of the following matters, namely:-
(1) summoning and enforcing the attendance of any person and examining him on oath;
(2) requiring the discovery and production of documents;
(3) receiving evidence on affidavits;
(4) subject to the provisions of sections 123 and 124 of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872 (1 of 1872), requisitioning any public record or document or a copy of such record or document, from any office;
(5) issuing commissions for the examination of witnesses or documents.