Report No. 263
1. Short title, extent, application and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Protection of Children (Inter-Country Removal and Retention) Act, 2016.
(2) It extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
(3) The provisions of this Act shall apply to every child who has not completed sixteenth year of age and has either wrongfully removed to, or retained in India, irrespective of his or her nationality, religion, or status in India.
(4) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint:
Provided that different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act and any reference in any such provision to the commencement of this Act shall be construed as a reference to the commencement of that provision.