Report No. 174
2. Definition - In this Act, "joint Hindu family" means any Hindu family with community of property and includes-
*The above Act received the assent of the President on the 10th day of August, Kerala Gazette, Extraordinary No.484, dated 17.8.1976.
**The Act came into force on 1-12-1976 as per notification No. 17469/Leg (A)2/69 Law, dated 18.11.76 S.R.O. 1185/76. K.G.No. 46, dated 23.11.1976.
(1) a tarward or tavazhi governed by the Madras Marumakkattayam Act, 1932, the Travancore Nayar Act, II of 1100, the Travancore Ezhava Act III of 1100, the Nanjinad Vellala Act of 1101, the Travancore kshatriya Act of 1108, the Travancore krishnavaka Marumakkattayam Act, VII of 1115, the Cochin Nayar Act XXXIX of 1113, or the Cochin Marumakkattayam Act, XXXIII of 1113;
(2) a kutumba or kavaru governed by Madras Aliyasantana Act, 1949;
(3) an illom governed by the Kerala Nambudiri Act, 1958; and
(4) an undivided Hindu family governed by the Mitakshara law.