Report No. 43
10.8. Procedural provisions applicable to all offences.-
The following procedural provisions belong to the second group referred to above1 and are to be applicable to all offences under the new law:-
(i) the provision2 requiring sanction3 of the Government, for a prosecution for an offence;
(ii) the provision4 relating to place of trial; and
(iii) the provision5 relating to offences by companies.
The gist of these provisions has been already dealt with6.
1. Para. 10.2, above.
2. Section 13(3), Official Secrets Act, as proposed to be revised.
3. It is proposed now to substitute sanction in place of the present requirement of complaint.
4. Section 13(4), Official Secrets Act.
5. Section 15, Official Secrets Act.
6. Chapter 7, discussion relating to sections 13(3), 13(4) and section 15, Official Secrets Act.