Report No. 106
1.3. Working Paper issued by the Commission.-
The Law Commission had prepared and circulated on the subject1 a Working Paper for inviting the opinion of interested persons and bodies. Points made in the comments on the Working Paper will be referred to, in due course. At this stage2, it may be mentioned that comments have been received from the following:-
(a) Government of India in the appropriate Ministry3
(b) The Controller of Insurance, Government of India, Department of Insurance,4
(c) three State Governments,5
(d) five High Court,6 and
(e) one lawyer's association.7
(Incorporated Law Society of Calcutta)
Comments received will be dealt with later.8
1. Law Commission of India, Working Paper on section 103, Motor Vehicle Act, 1939; effect of transfer of a motor vehicle on insurance (21st May, 1984).
2. All comments received upto (21st May, 1984) the signing of this Report have been covered.
3. Law Commission File No. F.2(7)/84-L.C., S. No. 3 (Ministry of Shipping and Transport, Transport Wing).
4. Law Commission File No. F.2(7)/84 L.C., (Letter of the Controller of Insurance dated 28th August, 1984).
5. Law Commission File No. F.2(7)/84-L.C., S. Nos. 6, 8 and 9.
6. Law Commission File No. F.2(7)/84-L.C., S. Nos. 3, 4, 10 and 11 and Law Commission's File No. F. 2(1)84-L.C., S. No. 14.
7. Law Commission File No. F.2(7)/84-L.C., S. No. 5.
8. Chapter 4, infra.