Report No. 196
14. Medical Council of India to issue Guidelines:-
(1) Consistent with the provisions of this Act, the Medical Council of India shall prepare and issue guidelines, from time to time for the guidance of medical practitioners in the matter of withholding or withdrawing of medical treatment to competent or incompetent patients suffering from terminal illness.
(2) While preparing such guidelines, the Medical Council of India may consult medical experts or bodies consisting of medical practitioners who have expertise in relation to withholding or withdrawing medical treatment to patients or experts or bodies having experience in critical care medicine.
(3) The Medical Council of India may review and modify the guidelines from time to time.
(4) The guidelines and modifications thereto, if any, shall be published in the Official Gazette of India and on its website.