Report No. 196
7. Authority to prepare panel of medical experts for purposes of section 6:-
(1) The Director General of Health Services, Central Government and the Director of Medical Services (or officer holding equivalent post) in each State shall, prepare a panel of medical experts for purposes of section 6.
(2) The panels referred to in subsection (1) shall include medical experts in various branches of medicine, surgery and critical care medicine.
(3) The medical experts referred to in subsection (1) shall be experts with not less than twenty years experience.
(4) While empanelling medical experts on the panels, the authorities mentioned in subsection (1) shall keep in mind the reputation of the expert and shall exclude from the panel, experts against whom disciplinary proceedings are pending with the State Medical Council concerned or the Medical Council of India and those experts who have been found guilty of professional misconduct.
(5) The panels prepared under subsection (1) shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Central Government or the Official Gazette of the State, as the case may be, and on the respective websites of the said authorities and the panels may be reviewed and modified by the authorities specified in subsection (1) from time to time and such modifications shall also be published in the Gazettes as aforesaid, or on the websites, as the case may be.
(6) The relevant panel for selection of experts will be the panel for the State or Union Territory in which the medical treatment is being given or is proposed or is proposed to be withheld or withdrawn.