Report No. 66
Short title, repeal, interpretation, saving and extent
(1) This Act may be cited as the Law Reform (Husband and Wife) Act, 1962.
(2) The enactments described in the Schedule to this Act are hereby repealed to the extent specified in the third column of that Schedule,
(3) The reference in sub-section (1) of section one and sub-section (1) of section two this Act to the parties to a marriage include references to the persons who were parties to marriage which has been dissolved.
(4) This Act does not apply to any cause of action which arose, or would but for the subsistence of a marriage have arisen, before the commencement of this Act.
(5) This Act does not extend to Northern Ireland.
Section and Chapter
• Extent of Repeal
|45 & 46 Vict., c. 75||The Married Woman's Property Act, 1882||Section twelve, except so far as it relates to criminal proceedings, Section twenty-three.|
|25 & 26 Geo, c. 30||The Law Reform (Married Women in Tort-feasors) Act, 1935||In section one, the words "and subject, as respect actions in tort between husband and wife to the provisions of section twelve of the Married Women's property Act, 1882."|