Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library

Report No. 23

3. Marriage officers.-

For the purposes of this Act, the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint such of its diplomatic or consular officers as it may think fit to be marriage officers for any foreign country.

Explanation:-In this section, "diplomatic officer" means an ambassador, envoy, minister, charge d'affaires, high commissioner, commissioner or other diplomatic representative or a counsellor or secretary of an embassy, legation or high commission.

(Cf. section 3, S.M.A.)

Law of Foreign Marriages Back

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys