Report No. 153
Home Study Report
1. Source of referral.
2. Number of single and joint interviews.
3. Personality of husband and wife.
4. Health details such as clinical tests, heart condition, past illnesses etc. (medical certificates required sterility certificate required, if applicable).
5. Social status and family background.
6. Nature and adjustment with occupation.
7. Relationship with community.
8. Description of home.
9. Accommodation for the child.
10. Schooling facilities.
11. Amenities in the home.
12. Standard of living as it appears in the home.
13. Type of neighbourhood.
14. Current relationship between husband and wife.
15. (a) Current relationship between parents and children (if any children).
(b) Development of already adopted children (if any) and their acceptance of the child to be adopted.
16. Current relationship between the couple and the members of each other's families.
17. If the wife is working will she be able to give up the job?
18. If she cannot leave the job, what arrangements will she make to look after the child?
19. Is adoption considered because of sterility of one of the marital partners?
20. If not, can they eventual have children of their own?
21. If a child is born to them, how will they treat the adopted child?
22. If the couple already has children how will these children react to an adopted child?
23. Important social and psychological experiences which have had a bearing on their desire to adopt a child.
24. Reasons for wanting to adopt an Indian child.
25. Attitude of grand-parents and relatives towards the adoption.
26. Attitude of relatives, friends, community and neighbourhood towards adoption of an Indian child.
27. Anticipated plans for the adopted child.
28. Can the child be adopted according to the adoption law in the adoptive parents country?
Have they obtained the necessary permission to adopt? (Statement of permission required).
29. Do the adoptive parents know any one who adopted a child from their own country or another country? who are they? From where did they fail to get a child from that source?
30. Did the couple apply for a child from any other source? If yes, which source?
31. What type of child is the couple interested in? (sex, age, and for what reasons).
32. Worker's recommendation concerning the family and the type of child which would best fit into this home.
33. Name and address of the agency conducting the home study. Name of Social worker, qualification of social worker.
34. Name of a agency responsible for post-placement, supervision and follow up.