Report No. 153
13. Matters to be considered in making Adoption Order.-
(1) The Court, before making an adoption order shall satisfy itself:
(a) that the person or the institution whose consent is required under this Act, and if such consent has not been dispensed with, has given consent after due counselling, with regard to the nature and effect of the adoption order;
(b) that the inter-country adoption shall be in the best interest of the child;
(c) that efforts made for adoption of the child in India have been unsuccessful;
(d) that no person has made or offered or agreed to make or give any payment or other reward in consideration of the adoption except such as the court may sanction.
(2) In determining whether adoption order, if made will be for the welfare of the child, the court shall have regard to social financial and marital .status and of the applicant.
(3) The court in making adoption order may impose such conditions as it may think fit, and in particular, it may require the foreigner by bond or otherwise to make for the child such provision as in the opinion of the court is just and proper, for the security of the child as may be prescribed.
(4) An adoption Order made by the Court under section 4 shall be final.