Report No. 153
11. Powers and Procedure of the Court.-
(1) Subject to any rules that may be prescribed in this behalf and principles of natural justice, the court may follow such procedure as it may think just and fair in hearing each application for adoption order.
(2) The court may receive as evidence any report, statement, document, information or matter that may in its opinion assist it to deal with the application.
(3) In proceedings under this section, any report by an Indian Counsellor Officer or an Indian diplomatic officer or a deposition made before an Indian Counsellor Officer or an Indian diplomatic officer and authenticated under the signature of that officer shall be admissible as evidence of the matters stated therein, and it shall not be necessary to prove the signature or official character of the person who appears to have signed any such report or deposition.
(4) The Court shall ordinarily dispose of an application for making an adoption order within a period of three months.