Report No. 26
101. Other powers.-(1) The court may at any time amend any written process or proceeding under this Act upon such terms, if any, as it thinks fit to impose.
(2) Where by this Act or by rules made under this Act the time for doing any act or thing (other than the filing of an appeal)1 is limited, the court may extend the time either before or after the expiration thereof, upon such terms, if any, as the court thinks fit to impose.
(3) Subject to rules made under this Act, the Court may in any matter take the whole or any part of the evidence either viva voce or by interrogatories, or upon affidavit, or by commission.
(4) For the purpose of approving a composition or scheme by joint debtors the court may, if it thinks fit, and on the report of the Official Assignee that it is expedient so to do, dispense with the public examination of one of the joint debtors if he is unavoidably prevented from attending the examination by illness or absence abroad.
1. As to appeals see clause corresponding to section 78, Provincial Act.
[Cf. Sections 90(4), (5), (6) and (7), P.T.A.]