Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library

Report No. 110

33.2. Section 192-Person claiming right by succession to property of deceased may apply for relief against wrongful possession.-

The basic section in the entire scheme is section 192, which reads-

"192. (1) If any person dies leaving property, movable or immovable, any person claiming a right by succession thereto, or to any portion thereof, may make application to the District Judge of the district where any part of the property is found or situate for relief, either after actual possession has been taken by another person, or when forcible means of seizing possession are apprehended.

(2) Any agent, relative or near friend, or the Court of Wards in cases within their cognizance, may in the event of any minor, or any disqualified or absent person being entitled by succession to such property as aforesaid, make the like application for relief."

The Indian Succession Act, 1925 Back

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys