Report No. 42
126. Substitution of new section for section 320.-
For section 320 of the Code, the following section shall be substituted, namely.-
"320. Grievous hurt.- The following kinds of hurt only are designated as grievous.-
(1) deprivation or impairment of the sight of either eye or the hearing of either ear;
(2) deprivation or destruction of any organ, member or joint;
(3) permanent impairment of the powers of any organ, member or joint;
(4) permanent disfiguration of the head or face;
(5) fracture or dislocation of a bone;
(6) any hurt which endangers life or which causes the sufferer to be in severe bodily pain for ten days."
127. Amendment of section 323.-
In section 323 of the Code, the words "which may extend to one thousand rupees" shall be omitted.
128. Amendment of section 326.-
In section 326 of the Code, the words, "with imprisonment for life or" shall be omitted.
129. Amendment of section 327.-
In section 327 of the Code, for the words "ten years" the words "seven years" shall be substituted.
130. Substitution of new section for section 328.-
For section 328 of the Code, the following section shall be substituted, namely.-
"328. Administering poison etc. with intent to commit an offence.- Whoever administers to, or causes to be taken by, any person any poison or any stupefying, intoxicating or unwholesome substance with intent to commit or to facilitate the commission of an offence, shall be punished with rigorous imprisonment for a term which may extend to ten years and shall also be liable to fine."