Report No. 87
Use of voice-prints.- Voice-prints are used to identify criminals who use the telephone to threaten bombing of airlines and public buildings as well as those who make obscene telephone calls and put on the telephone threats of extortion and kidnappers who by telephone make demands for ransom6.
1. Bennett Sandler Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, pp. 304-305
2. United States v. Wright, (1967) 17 USMA 183.
3. United States v. Wade, (1967) 388 US 218.
4. Thomas McDade The Voice-print, (1970), Indian Police Journal, pp. 26-34.
5. State v. Mckenna, (226A) II 757 Superior Court of New Jersey.
6. L.G. Kersta Voice-print Identification and Application, (1971) India Police Journal, pp. 10-16.